Our church is the result of a merger between Mariners Harbor Baptist Church and First Baptist Church. Mariners Harbor Baptist Church was incorporated on April 2, 1857 where it resided until they had a serious fire on November 11, 1924. It was restored and rededicated on April 4, 1926. After 104 years and due to the concern about the church’s future the congregation voted to merge with First Baptist Church of New Brighton on February 12, 1962
First Baptist Church of New Brighton started services on May 22, 1884. A fire of suspicious nature in 1905 resulted in significant damage to the building. The congregation was able to repair the damage and complete the church exterior that was left unfinished. In 1945 the mortgage was burned and the church became debt free. During the beginning of Rev. Norman Herbert ministry, the congregation voted to move to a new location due the buildings age, neighborhood changes,and travel patterns .
They purchased this property for $75,000 in the summer of 1962. Rev.Herbert began to conduct at both Mariners’ harbor and First Baptist at 10AM and 11AM respectively. The building for Mariners’ Harbor was sold on June 26, 1966 for $40,000. The two churches merged and became Willowbrook Park Baptist Church.
To proclaim earnestly the Gospel message of salvation through
personal faith in Christ as Savior of the world.
To promote spiritual growth through the teaching of Gods’ word.
To evangelize the lost
To cooperate heartily by prayer, gift and service in the world wide.
Ministry of the church, as commanded by our Lord, Jesus Christ.
To encourage Christian fellowship.
To promote systematic Bible study and training for Christian service.
To encourage commitment to some form of definite Christian service.
To cooperate with Christian organizations in activities that we believe Are in harmony with the Word of God.
To oppose social evils, and to advocate personal and social righteousness.